1. Bears are good climbers and swimmers and despite their size can run quite quickly over short distances. Bears can run more than 45 kph.
2. Bears are, on the whole, solitary animals and only really congregate together when food is plentiful, like when catching salmon in streams.
3. Bears have an excellent sense of smell, much better than a dog and possibly the best of any mammal. It is mostly used to find food but is also used to detect the scent of other bears.
1. Dolphins have specially adapted eyes, which means they can see very clearly out of the water and under the water. They have almost no sense of smell.
2. In the wild, Dolphins normally sleep with only one side of the brain and leave the other side active so they can still swim, breathe and be aware of predators.
3. Dolphins can make many different sounds. They communicate mainly with various combinations of Clicks, Whistles and Pulses.
Post all your favourite crazy creature stuff here!
This blog is where you will find all the funny animal stuff that I collect along with serious articles and facts about all our lovely creatures. Of course, as you contribute, I will expand into more categories and add features.
I will add videos, photos and facts on a regular basis that I think will be interesting, fun and will put a smile on your face. I will also do some serious articles with regards to mammals, animals, and insects. Naturally, we all support our animal kingdom and planet earth so I will regularly feature news and updates related to this too.
The aim of this site is to be both entertaining and informative. I’m just starting out so please check back often for updates.
The Crazy Creatures Team.
This little Black Bear Cub looks like it’s getting really annoyed by a fly buzzing around it. It is highly likely that this bear cub is actually just playing around with the fly and is simply curious. Black bears have been known to eat insects and beetles, but usually stick to simpler foods like plants, seeds and fruit.
Here are some playful dolphins splashing around with jellyfish and showing off for the cameras!